Please note that for the months of July and August, the QUFA Office will close every Friday.
- Please see here for the latest news from Windsor University. The Administration has resorted, once again, to threats to impose a contract if the Faculty Association doesn't accept their terms in bargaining. Please consider emailing Windsor's President, Alan Wildeman with a copy to the Windsor University Faculty Association President, Anne Forest.
- Please see here for QUFA's response to new waste collection rules. The Collective Agreement covering custodians (CUPE 229) prohibits other salaried employees at Queen's from doing their work. We hope the Administration will reverse this decision in consideration of honouring all Collective Agreements on campus.
- We Teach Ontario: An Ontario Confederation of Faculty Associations campaign to promote the connection between teaching and research in Ontario Universities - learn more and take action
- Canada's Past Matters: A Canadian Association of University Teachers campaign to draw attention to changes in Federal policies regarding Canada's cultural heritage - learn more and take action
- Get Science Right!: A Canadian Association of University Teachers campaign to urge the Federal Government to restore funding for basic research and research in the public interest - learn more and take action
- Join QUFA - complete the Membership Form here.
QUFA is the certified bargaining agent for approximately 1200 faculty, librarians, and archivists at Queen's University. QUFA advances the interests of its Members by promoting equity in recruitment and hiring, by fostering a positive work environment free of discrimination and interference, and by providing appropriate representation for all Members.
- QUFA Inquiry About the Closure of Queen's Day Care
- QUFA Communique on the Queen's Pension Plan and Solvency Payments in 2015
- QUFA Welcomes Elizabeth Polnicky to the Staff: Elizabeth joined us as our new Office Administrative Assistant and Receptionist on June 9th. Please join us in welcoming her if you call or drop in to the office.
- CAUT Honours John Holmes, Professor Emeritus and Former QUFA Activist, with the Distinguished Academic Award!
- QUFA Digest: May 2014
- QUFA Voices: April Issue
- QUFA would like to remind you to take advantage of your Professional Expense reimbursement this year as the first installment of the Employment Insurance Premium Reduction settlement money is now in Members' accounts in all Faculties.
- QUFA Joint Communique on the Queen's Pension Plan
- OCUFA Conference: Faculty Associations in the 21st Century: 24 October, Toronto.
- CAUT Librarians' and Archivists' Conference: From Talk to Action: 31 October-1 November, Ottawa.
- OCUFA Report, July 23, 2014 - OCUFA is hiring!
- OCUFA Report, July 16, 2014 - What’s old is new again with the Ontario Budget
- OCUFA Report, July 2, 2014 - University of Windsor administrators play politics with negotiations
- OCUFA Report, July 2, 2014 - Employer requests “no board” at Windsor, settlement ratified at Trent
- OCUFA Report - Requests Your Permission
- OCUFA Report, June 25, 2014 - “Rethinking Town and Gown” issue of Academic Matters available online
- OCUFA Report, June 18, 2014 - What the 2014 election results mean for professors and academic librarians
- OCUFA Report, June 11, 2014 - Only 24 hours left to tell your candidates you support higher education
- OCUFA Report, June 4, 2014 - Ontario political parties don’t make the grade on higher education
- Real Academic Planning - Faculty Statement in Support of Feminist Enquiry, Association, and Activism (28 March 2014)
- Senate Faculty Caucus - Senate Passes Procedures for Temporary Suspension of Admissions (28 May 2013)