Help QUFA Make a Difference NowIt's time to get involved.
Queen's University Faculty Association invites you to take an active role in 2011-12.
For purposes of annual performance reporting (as per Collective Agreement Article 7.6.4), QUFA service is University service.
Working with colleagues all across campus, QUFA volunteers learn who the university is and how it works. The 2011-12 academic year will see a new Collective Agreement and a new Academic Plan and is an especially important time to get involved.
Don't have much time? QUFA volunteers can make commitments of any scope, large or small. All help is truly welcome. QUFA has needs, and places, for diverse talents, viewpoints, and interests. For instance, any QUFA member may serve:
- on QUFA Council, as Representative for one's own academic unit or membership group (such as Term or Continuing Adjuncts);
- on University or Senate committees, as a QUFA designate or observer;
- on QUFA subcommittees for specific issues;
- on the Political Action and Communications Committee (PACC);
- on the Committee to Manage the Collective Agreement (CMCA) (which is QUFA's Advisory Committee to the Joint Committee to Administer the Agreement (JCAA)) or on its subcommittees;
- on the Grievance Committee; or
- on the QUFA Executive (where positions currently needing to be filled include Vice President, Equity Representative, Continuing Adjunct Representative, and Member-at-Large).
Some of these positions require only a few meetings a year. Those on the Executive and on standing committees are typically more active. The most demanding roles may be compensated by course relief.
All QUFA work aims to improve and maintain the working environment at Queen's.
If you are interested or require more information, please contact Peter Dacin, Chair of the Nominations & Elections Committee (32806 or firstname.lastname@example.org), or Elaine Berman, Administrative Officer (33033 or email@example.com).