Following a Request for Proposals in 2019, Queen’s has selected Manulife as the new Dental, Extended Medical and Long Term Disability provider. The transition from Canada Life/Great West to Manulife will take place on July 1 2020. In advance of the transition, all members of the benefits plan need to register with Manulife, starting June 1, 2020. Please watch for communications from Queen’s when online registration is open.
The links below will take you to Queen’s HR pages with more information and email contacts of those who can answer questions not addressed on the HR pages.
- Manulife Validation Window – Employee Information Session- June 2020
- Group Insurance Benefits – The University’s Benefits Plan moved to Manulife effective July 1, 2020. To learn more, please visit
- Employment Insurance and Leave Benefits for Term Adjuncts
- Tuition Support Plan
- For a list of recognized postsecondary institutions in Canada please visit The Canadian Information Centre for International Credientials (CICIC) website
- Child Care Benefit
- Professional Expense Reimbursement Information
- Adjunct Fund for Scholarly Research, Creative Work and Professional Development Information
- Infosheet Illness and Disability 2019
- Dental: Please note that the University will be paying 100% of dental plan premiums as of May 1, 2009. See Article 42.6.2(e) of the Collective Agreement.
- GoodLife Fitness membership through OCUFA Edvantage
- Access information about the Homewood Employee and Family Assistance Program for Queen’s employees here: http://www.queensu.ca/humanresources/wellness-accessibility/employee-and-family-assistance-program. You can also call Homewood direct in English (1-800-663-1142) or French (1-866-398-9505). Have your employee number handy.