A Workshop with James Cameron, Jessica Greenwood and Wassim Garzouzi of Raven Law
All QUFA Members Welcome!
Join us on April 16 for a workshop to explore what happens when we are ill or disabled. We’ll consider important issues like:
Your Rights and Obligations if Partially Disabled:
- What do you have to do to be “accommodated” at work? What is “undue hardship”?
Short Term Disability:
- What medical documentation is required? How is it handled?
- When can the Employer or Insurer ask for an Independent Medical Examination?
- How long does STD last and how do I return to work?
Long Term Disability:
- What are the tests to be met? How do you meet the tests?
- What will you get paid?
- How do off-sets work and what is the impact on the LTD benefit?
- What happens if you are denied LTD? Should you appeal or sue?
- What is the difference between “own” and “any” occupation?
- What kind of job security do you have? Can you be terminated if unable to work?
- Do you have enough coverage?
- Do you have the right kind of coverage?
Please RSVP to Elizabeth Polnicky, firstname.lastname@example.org by April 10th if you plan to attend the workshop.
The Workshop will be followed by a Quaff with QUFA Reception at 3:30-4:30. All QUFA members welcome even if you can’t attend the workshop.