1. Nominations are now open for some Executive Committee positions. As well, the Nominations Committee is looking for 2 members who are not on QUFA Council or Executive to serve on the committee and help with contacting potential QUFA volunteers. Please contact Jordan Morelli (VP) at email@example.com or Leslie Jermyn (ED) firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
2. Tuition Support Plan Benefits Deadline – The deadline to submit an application is February 28. More information and the application form may be found on the Human Resources website: http://queensu.ca/humanresources/wellness- accessibility/employee-benefits/tuition-support-plan
3. QUFA Spring General Meeting – Please join us April 22 at 1:15pm, Ellis Hall Auditorium, for our Spring General Meeting. Watch for formal notification and an agenda package by email. https://www.qufa.ca/event/qufa-spring-general-meeting/
4. Campus Event: Becoming Allies: Muslim-Jewish Solidarity in the Face of Islamophobia and Antisemitism – https://www.qufa.ca/event/confronting-the-pushback-against- muslim-jewish-solidarity/
a) Confronting the Pushback Against Muslim-Jewish Solidarity – February 28 between 4-6pm, Robert Sutherland Hall
b) A Symposium: Islamophobia & Antisemitism, Past and Present – February 29 between 9:30am-4pm. Registration required. Please contact Professor Ariel Salzmann at email@example.com for more information.
5. Scholars at Risk Event: Academic Freedom: Tales of Two Scholars at Risk – Join us for a panel discussion on academic freedom and to hear personal stories from scholars at risk. March 4 between 4-6pm, the School of Medicine Building. https://www.qufa.ca/event/academic-freedom-tales-of-two-scholars-at-risk/