1) QUFA Workshop: “Off” Duty but Still Accountable? – Join us to learn more about why employers concern themselves with employee’s private lives and what consequences this can have for employees. Jessica Greenwood and Geoff Dunlop, Raven Law, will reflect on fact scenarios to illustrate the principles at work in this fluid area of employment law. January 26 (12:00 noon to 1:30 pm). Please RSVP to Elizabeth Polnicky to receive the Zoom link by January 25. For more information click here.
2) QUFA Lunch and Learn: Active Listening and Effective Communication – Join us for a virtual lunch and conversation with Meghan Welfare via Zoom on January 27 (12:00 noon to 1:00 pm). Please RSVP to Elizabeth Polnicky by January 26. For more information click here.
3) Important Benefits Deadlines:
a. Childcare Support Plan – The deadline to submit an application is February 1. More information and the application form may be found here.
b. Fund for Scholarly Research and Creative Work and Professional Development (Adjuncts) – The deadline to submit an application is February 7. More information and the application form may be found here.
c. Tuition Support Plan – The deadline to submit an application is February 28. More information and the application form may be found here.
4) Nominations are now open for some QUFA Executive positions – Please contact Laeeque Daneshmend, Vice-President or Leslie Jermyn, Executive Director for more information or to get involved with the Nominations Committee.
5) Volunteer Opportunity: Kingston and District Labour Council – If you are interested in volunteering as a QUFA delegate please contact Jordan Morelli for more information.
6) PSAC 901 Letter of Support: QUFA would like to raise awareness of issues PSAC 901 is facing at the bargaining table and encourages QUFA members to show solidarity with PSAC 901 by signing QUFA’s letter of support. Questions or concerns should be raised with Astrid Hobill at email@example.com.