- QUFA Spring General Meeting: Please save the date on April 20th, 1:15pm at Ellis Hall Auditorium. All members of the Queen’s University Faculty Association are welcome. There will be important information updates and elections for Executive positions. You will receive an agenda by email in advance of the meeting.
- QUFA Nominations are Open: Please see the January issue of QUFA Voices, page 3 for a full list of Executive positions and a description of other volunteer possibilities. Contact Diane Beauchemin or Leslie Jermyn for more information or to submit a nomination. Elections for Executive positions are held at the Spring General Meeting in April.
- Queen’s Event Tonight!: Muslim Societies-Global Perspectives invites the campus community to a panel discussion “Responding to Islamophobia and Racism at Queen’s: Local Perspectives on a Global Phenomenon” on Wednesday, March 8 in Dunning Hall 14 at 6:30pm.
- Equal Pay Day: Plan to stop by Stauffer Library on April 11th to honour the continued struggle for wage parity for women in Ontario. At a 30% pay gap, a woman will have to work 3.5 months into the new year – or until April 11th – to earn what men do by December 31 of the previous year. This event is co-sponsored by campus unions and associations including QUFA.
- Stand Against the Ban: The Canadian Association of University Teachers is urging all members to sign the American Association of University Professors petition opposing Donald Trump’s unconstitutional and discriminatory ban on entry into the United States for people from some Muslim-majority countries. The petition can be found here.
- OCUFA Teaching & Academic Librarianship Awards: Please see here for more information and consider nominating a colleague for this prestigious award – deadline is May 26, 2017.
- Worldviews Lecture on Media & Higher Education: Please join Dr. Peter Scott (Times Higher Ed, UCL Institute of Education, London) at OISE in Toronto on April 5, 2017 at 1:30-3:30pm. He will be speaking on “Populism and the Academy: On the ‘Wrong Side’ of History.” This event is free but requires advanced registration – see here.
- QUFA Meetings: See here for all QUFA and related events. The next QUFA Council meeting is March 16.