1. QUFA-CAUT Lunch & Learn Drop-in for Term Adjuncts and Allies: Join us on Tuesday, 28 October, 11am-1pm, West Lake View Room (University Club) to learn and talk about the rights of Term Adjuncts at Queen’s. This event is in honour of Fair Employment Week. Lunch and refreshments will be provided – please RSVP to Elizabeth Polnicky by 21 October if you can attend.
2. QUFA is Preparing to Bargain a New Collective Agreement: The current contract between Queen’s and QUFA expires April 2015. The QUFA Bargaining Team wants to
hear from you about issues of concern. Please join us Thursday, 30 October for a discussion about Online Teaching – all welcome! The meeting is at Botterell Hall B147 at 3pm.
3. QUFA Bargaining Information: Please bookmark this page for news and information related to bargaining a new collective agreement.
4. CAUT Equity Networks: The Canadian Association of University Teachers has created four networks of Academic Staff from across the country that will be consulted
electronically to help CAUT advance equity in CAUT and among member associations.
These are Academic Staff with Disabilities, Racialized Academic Staff, LGBTQ2S
Academic Staff, and Women Academic Staff. If you would like to be part of any of these networks, please contact Leslie Jermyn.
5. “From Talk to Action,” CAUT Academic Librarians & Archivists Conference: 31 October-1 November, Ottawa.
6. QUFA Meetings: Next Council is Oct. 20. See here for a full list of QUFA meetings.
If you have comments or ideas for future Digests, contact me.