Hello QUFA Members,
Please find the October 2023 edition of Digest below.
- Quaff with QUFA: Wednesday October 4, 4-6pm at the University Club, Old Bar (168 Stuart St.). QUFA welcomes new faculty members to campus. RSVP to Elizabeth Polnicky at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stay tuned for details about social events for Term and Continuing Adjuncts around October 19th and 20th.
- Annual Performance Review deadline: September 30, 2023. Please see Article 28 of the Collective Agreement. Attention Term Adjuncts: Please note that the deadline for your Annual Report has been extended to October 31, 2023. This is only for Term Adjuncts.
- Fund for Scholarly and Creative Work and Professional Development (Adjuncts) application deadline: October 3, 2023. Application form is here: https://www.queensu.ca/facultyrelations/qufa/research-fund
- Tuition Support Plan deadline: November 1, 2023. See Appendix N in the Collective Agreement, and visit the Queen’s Benefits page to log into the HR Intranet for more details: https://www.queensu.ca/humanresources/working-queens/benefits
- Childcare Support Plan deadline: February 1, 2024. See Appendix M of the Collective Agreement, and visit the Queen’s Benefits page and log into the HR Intranet for more details: https://www.queensu.ca/humanresources/working-queens/benefits
- Adjunct Rights Workshop. October 18 at 2:30-4pm via Zoom. We encourage Adjunct Members to join us for a discussion and Q&A about Adjunct rights, including right of reappointment, promotion, service, appointment processes, and working conditions. Please RSVP to Micheline Waring for the Zoom link at email@example.com
- Interested in QUFA’s Adjunct Advocacy Committee? We are looking for more people to join and help advocate for Adjunct rights at Queen’s. If interested, please contact Melissa Houghtaling at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The QUFA Fall General Meeting is scheduled for December 14 at 1pm via Zoom. More information to come. Please RSVP to Elizabeth Polnicky at email@example.com.
For Your Information
- The Queen’s University SeQure App is your one stop access to all the university’s safety and security information. SeQure features campus and local emergency response contacts, crisis alerts, walk home information, blue light locations, and support service. For more information, visit: https://www.queensu.ca/risk/security/sequre-app.
- See the recent Journal article about concerns from faculty and staff about campus safety:https://www.queensjournal.ca/concerned-staff-and-faculty-advocate-for-improved-campus-security-measures/.
- COVID-19 Information: The University is monitoring KFL&A Public Health and the Provincial government recommendations in terms of managing respiratory illness. Information is to be posted on the website: https://www.queensu.ca/covidinfo/. Individuals that are ill are encouraged to follow KFL&A Public Health guidelines with respect to managing symptoms, remaining at home while they are ill, returning when symptoms have improved, etc. For more information, visit: https://www.kflaph.ca/en/health-topics/preventing-the-spread-of-infection.aspx
- The Northern Ontario School of Medicine (NOSM) is in conciliation and looking for support from Faculty across the province through a letter campaign. For more information, visit https://www.nosmfsa.ca/