Dear QUFA Members,
Welcome to the start of a new academic year. This is our first QUFA Digest email of the season. We will send you a Digest email once per month throughout the fall and winter terms to keep you posted on QUFA activities and on relevant events and information from Queen’s, from across the province and across the country.
- Term Adjunct Lunch & Learn:Please join us at the University Club for a light lunch and an informal workshop on Term Adjunct collective agreement rights tomorrow, Tuesday, September 18 at 12-2pm.
- QUFA Walks & Quaffs: Please join us this Friday, September 21, at 2pm for our second guided tour of the Queen’s campus. Friends and family are welcome. We will meet at the Queen’s Remembers Plinth behind Douglas Library. The walk will be followed by a Quaff with QUFA at the University Club at 4pm. You are welcome to join either or both events but please let us know with an RSVP to email@example.com.
- Benefit Changes Ratification: QUFA members voted last week to approve changes to the Benefit Plan. There is more information here: https://qufa.ca/benefits-review-process-ratification/.
- University Pension Plan: There is a new communique on the process to develop a university-sector jointly sponsored pension plan, known as the University Pension Plan or UPP, here: https://qufa.ca/member-services/pension-information/.
- Respectful Workplaces Lunch & Learn: Please join us for a light lunch and workshop on this important topic on September 27 at 12-1pm at the University Club. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org so we have enough food. A list of all fall lunch and learns is here if you want to mark your calendars: https://qufa.ca/events/.
- Adjunct Fund for Scholarly Research, Creative Work and Professional Development: The fall deadline is October 9 and more information can be found here