The QUFA Digest resumes with the new term. For new QUFA members, the Digest is a short list of events, or details we believe will be of interest to you.
- QUFA Lunch and Learn – Facilitating Effective Virtual Meetings: September 28, 2020 (12 pm – 1 pm). Join us for a virtual lunch-time conversation via Zoom. RSVP to Elizabeth Polnicky firstname.lastname@example.org by September 25 to receive zoom details. More information here.
- Worldviews 2020 – The Myth of Meritocracy – From Satire to Social Inequality: September 18, 2020 (11 am). The concept of meritocracy, originally a satirical notion, suggests that anyone can ascend the social and economic ladder if they work hard enough. Should meritocracy return to the realm of satire? This event is free and open to the public but registration is required here.
- OCUFA* Status of Women and Equity Committee – Combatting anti-Black racism in the academy: A primer for faculty: September 24, 2020 (10 am). This online workshop is open to all QUFA faculty and academic librarian association members. Please register online.
- Important Benefits Deadlines:
- Benefits Transition to Manulife: As at July 1 of this year, Queen’s changed benefits provider from Canada Life/Great West Life to Manulife. There have been a number of announcements about this and there is more information about how to get registered if you haven’t already, on the HR page here:
- Queen’s-QUFA COVID-LOU: QUFA negotiated some key revisions to our Collective Agreement with Queen’s University this past spring. This document is known as the COVID-19 LOU (Letter of Understanding) and the full text is available on the qufa.ca website. If you’re unfamiliar with these provisions, you may want to start by reviewing the Infosheet and Summary document available here.
*Ontario Confederation of University Faculty Associations