Welcome to the start of a new academic year. The QUFA Digest resumes with the new term. For new QUFA members, the Digest is a short list of events, or details we believe will be of interest to you.
1. QUFA Family Barbecue: Please join us for a QUFA Family Barbecue on September 22, at 4:00 pm at Breakwater Park – food and refreshments provided for QUFA members and their families. Please RSVP to Elizabeth Polnicky before September 20.
2. QUFA Lunch and Learn – Becoming More Assertive: October 20, 2020 (12 pm – 12:45 pm). Join us for a virtual lunch and conversation via Zoom. RSVP to Elizabeth Polnicky by October 18. For more information click here.
3. QUFA Parents with Young Children Listserv: At the initiative of a couple of QUFA Members, we have started an informal group for parents with young children to share their experiences. The group met for the first time on 14 October 2020. People expressed the desire to remain in touch, so we created a listserv (QUFPAR-L). If you would like to be part of this group, please make a request to Elizabeth Polnicky.
4. Adjunct Survey and Focus Groups: With bargaining on the horizon in 2022 QUFA has formed an Ad Hoc Adjunct Advocacy Committee. The Committee will be sending out a survey to Term and Continuing Adjuncts, as well as to conduct focus groups to compile research about terms of work and other concerns this fall. More information and dates to follow.
5. Important Benefits Deadlines
a. Fund for Scholarly Research and Creative Work and Professional Development (Adjuncts): October 4, 2021. For more information click here.
b. Tuition Support Plan: November 1, 2021. For more information click here.
6. Queen’s-QUFA COVID-LOU Reminder: QUFA has negotiated some key revisions to the Collective Agreement with Queen’s University. The most up to date information can be found by clicking here.
Look for QUFA on Facebook and Twitter.